P&I Clubs Services
From our experience and knowledge of the P&I Clubs’ rules and regulations, we are able to assist Clubs in handling all kinds of claims such as cargo claims, pollution claims, collision claims, personal injuries/ stowaways, fines, F&FO claims and all other P&I relevant claims.
We depend on a wide range of competent surveyors who can cover all Egyptian ports (Alexandria, El Dekheila, Port Said (East & West), Damietta, Suez etc..) and are able to carry out all types of marine surveys.
We also regularly give assistance to Clubs with regard to various loss prevention topics by informing them with problems that commonly occur in Egyptian ports and recommendations on how to avoid them..
Assistance may also be rendered to Clubs in respect of FD&D matters in the form of collecting evidence that may be needed in pursuing or defending a variety of different types of claims as well as arranging surveys that assist members in defending alleged claims.
Hull and Machinery Services
Assistance can be rendered to H&M underwriters in assessing damages to the subject-matter insured and also to General Average Adjustors in preparing an adjustment and in collecting securities from parties involved being their GA contribution.
We offer the most comprehensive and professional marine surveys available, with competitive rates, such as:
- Draft surveys
- On/ off hire & bunker surveys
- Ullage surveys
- Cargo surveys
- Container surveys and issuance of IICL certificates
- Collision surveys
- Hold/Hatch Surveys
- Ultrasonic tests
- P&I/ H&M condition surveys and follow ups
- F&FO damage surveys
- Off specification bunker surveys and analysis at reputable laboratories.
- Pre loading steel surveys
- Tally count
- Monitoring of cargo condition during the loading/discharging
- Preloading/ Loading cargo condition survey with issuance of remarks on cargo condition as per P&I Rules
- Sealing/Unsealing of cargo holds
- Inspection of lashing and dunnage
- Pre-Purchase/ Pre-charter Survey, including the thorough inspection and operation of all vessel systems, including Propulsion Systems, Electrical Systems, Fuel Systems, Navigational Systems, Plumbing Systems, and all other machinery and electronics.
- Determination of the vessel's "Fair Market Value".
If requested by our client, we are able to arrange for the disposal of rejected cargoes, and in this connection, formal tenders will be called where appropriate.
If repair estimates are required, these can be provided, either by the attending surveyor, or formally, by a local repair facility.
The Survey Report will include full particulars of the shipment/ carriage and whenever possible, the actual cause of the damage will be identified.
Cargo Salvage Services
In case of damaged or rejected cargoes, we are able to assist in selling these cargoes through international competent salvage buyers so as to reduce costs, demurrage and potential storage expenses.
We offer consultations to clients in respect of charter parties/ Bills of Lading disputes,( in compliance with the local laws and regulations), and associated legal matters through our experience with the assistance of our in house lawyer or qualified local maritime lawyers, if needed
Advice can be given to clients on regulatory matters and assisting them in their dealings with Port and other local authorities.
We also assist in conducting investigations in relation to maritime fraud. Legal assistance can be offered to all international law firms.
Marine insurance :
We can provide all types of insurance cover to all shipping related activities and offer claims handling services after attachment. Having significant experience and expertise, we can advice and guide clients with regard to wide range of insurance products, marine and non-marine, short-term or long-term.
Various marine insurance covers can be arranged, for example:
- Disbursements, freight and increased value
- Marine and Transport liabilities
- P&I Clubs coverage
- War risks
We will help clients identify their individual and/or business risks to help them decide what to insure, and how to manage those risks in other ways.
As we are aware of the terms and conditions, benefits and exclusions and costs of a wide range of competing insurance policies, we can help clients to find the most appropriate cover for their own circumstances.
A license as an official broker is available with the Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA) in Egypt. In addition, we represent Lloyd's syndicates in London UK and other specialty insurance companies.
We provide advisory services in all types of insurance to enable our clients to manage their risks more knowledgeably and cost-effectively.
We are available for all kinds of business insurance policies such as business interruption insurance, property insurance, marine insurance, liability insurance and health insurance, etc..
Our consultation services would help clients to address the challenges of large and complex claims by conducting investigations; determining causes; assessing damage and liability; performing valuations of losses; addressing business interruption, remediation and recovery and providing regulatory guidance.
Among our main expertise areas are:
- Evaluation of the clients’ existing policies to gain an in-depth understanding of your current policies. This evaluation considers:
- Insurance company financial strength and their ability to meet future claims.
- Amount of coverage.
- Policy design, suitability, and cost.
- Ownership structure as it relates to clients’ goals and objectives.
- Options for optimizing benefits.
- Recommendation for solutions that best meet clients’ goals and objectives and propose an action plan.
- Reviewing periodically clients’ plan to ensure that policies continue to meet the goals and objectives.
- Risk Assessment: we do a thorough look at the clients’ workplace to identify those things, situations, processes, etc. that may cause harm and after identification is made, we analyze and evaluate how likely and severe the risk is. When this determination is made, we can next, decide what measures should be in place to effectively eliminate or control the harm from happening.